Lawrence Alkin Gallery is delighted to present a unique solo show titled M*A*S*H*E*D, featuring a new body of work by the Scottish artist War Boutique.
Using original military armour, weaponry and bullet-proof textiles, War Boutique’s work conveys strong anti-war messages, exposing the interface between the civil and military spheres, and playing on the parallels between the uniforms of war and mainstream fashion trends.
The exhibition will also feature never-before-seen works from his new ‘Blast’ and ‘Shot-At’ series - with poignant echoes of the Action Art movement. The ‘Shot-At’ works are huge reflective metal shields contoured by the impact of 9mm rounds on a firing range. The ‘Blast’ paintings have been created by shooting canvases with paint-filled plastic bullets modelled on police baton rounds.
War Boutique commented: “With these new works I wanted to physically manifest some of the real force and impact of modern-day weaponry, and perhaps invoke our collective responsibility and choices around the use and development of such forces”.
To register your interest in this exhibition sign up to our mailing list at the bottom of this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- War Boutique, Act of Proscription £2000.00
- War Boutique, Bankers Bowler £2000.00
- War Boutique, Riot £2000.00
- War Boutique, You Blue Me Away £3000.00
- War Boutique, Heartfelt £1800.00
- War Boutique, Agent Orange £3000.00
- War Boutique, Ceramic Armour No. 3
- War Boutique, Death or Psychosis £750.00
- War Boutique, Filth £4000.00
- War Boutique, Lili Marleen £5000.00
- War Boutique, Loaded £500.00
- War Boutique, Unofficial War Artist