This November, Berlin-based street artist David Walker will unveil a brand new body of work at Lawrence Alkin Gallery.
'Half A World Passed Me By' - David Walker
17th November - 9th December 2017
Featuring several ‘firsts’ for the artist predominately known for his large-scale female portraits, Half A World Passed Me By includes works of both female and male sitters.
The show sees the introduction of brushes, acrylics and new techniques for Walker, whose previous works were made exclusively freehand with spray paint. On his new approach, Walker commented: “Although the spray paint medium is still present in this new body of work, I feel using new approaches and materials has allowed me a fresh dexterity and an opportunity to mature as a painter.”
Half A World Passed Me By is made up of around 25 works, featuring male and female portraits, figurate paintings, form and flora and poetic texts. The pieces range from 25cm x 25cm up to 160cm x 220cm and have been created using a mix of spray paint, acrylic, ink and embroidery. The show is split over two levels at Lawrence Alkin Gallery, the top floor focusing on portrait and figurative work and the downstairs showcasing new text based work, portrait studies and collaborations.
To register your interest in the exhibition please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- David Walker, All Threads Of A Veil Unwinding, 2017 £1000.00
- David Walker, Bartenders Choice, 2017 £6500.00
- David Walker, Berlin Sleeps, 2017
- David Walker, Danni Study, 2017
- David Walker, Each Pinned Through The Heart To The Bullseye of the World, 2017 £1750.00
- David Walker, Flowers Bloom From Fire, 2017 £6750.00
- David Walker, Form and Flora – Blink, 2017
- David Walker, Form and Flora – Ear, 2017 £650.00
- David Walker, Form and Flora – Face, 2017
- David Walker, Form and Flora – Fern, 2017 £650.00
- David Walker, Form and Flora – Lavender, 2017 £650.00
- David Walker, Form and Flora – Lips, 2017 £650.00
- David Walker, Form and Flora – Poppy, 2017
- David Walker, Genevieve Study, 2017
- David Walker, Hearts Crossed Out, 2017 £2750.00
- David Walker, In The Lack We Move Wild, 2017 £900.00
- David Walker, Lucy Study, 2017 £750.00
- David Walker, Restless Minds Wander Further, 2017 £4750.00
- David Walker, Shadow Play, 2017 £2750.00
- David Walker, Staring At The Sun, 2017
- David Walker, Starved Of Conversation Swallowing Our Tongues, 2017 £1000.00
- David Walker, The Sun Stares Back, 2017 £10000.00
- David Walker, We The Fever, 2017 £900.00
- David Walker, Yesterdays Snow, 2017